The first 9 days after your microblading appointment is essential for good retention and healing of brows. The following must be avoided during all 9 days. Every clients skin is different and can respond differently to length and time of healing and results. This information is a guideline only, we cannot guarantee your results.
- Sweating (will sweat the pigment right out of your skin)
- Getting the brows wet (if you wet it by accident, pat dry and apply healing balm)
- Sauna, hot baths
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Any laser or chemical treatments including retinol or glycol acid
- Picking, peeling or scratching the micro-pigmented area in order to prevent scarring or removal of pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy cleaning such as the basement or garage where there is alot of airborne debris and possible sweating
- Do not use cosmetics on the procedure area (for 1 week)
- Keep fingers and hair away from the pigmented area (germs may be transmitted to the newly treated area)
- Sleep on you back as much as possible. The pigment can rub out into the pillow.
- Day one, gently wipe brows with clean cotton round dampened with saline or distilled water 4 hours after appointment. Also wipe before bed and apply a light coat of the healing balm.
- Day two - four clean brows 2-3 times a day with saline. Apply the healing balm afterwards.
- Day five - fourteen gently pat brows with cotton round and lukewarm water and apply healing balm 2-3 times a day
- Apply healing balm as needed if brows feel tight and dry.
Healing balm recommendation: Cicaplast by La Roche Posay
What to expect
The first few days the brows will look bolder/darker, as the swelling goes down and the skin heals over the pigment, the colour will soften.
Color fading: it is normal for approximately 25-60% of the pigment to slough off during the first 20 days of healing process. Although the area will look healed, it will not be fully healed for another 6-8 weeks.
Most clients require at least two sessions for ideal results. The first session is to build shape and gain symmetry; the second session is to perfect the brows and add density.
Minimal scabbing, flaking and dryness of the skin is normal after the first few days of the healing period. To avoid loss of brow hair stroke pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
Results vary client to client. Not all brows heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery, while drier skin types heal more crisp and defined.
once you've healed
- Brow tattoos normally last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
- Additional brow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups with KiraKreativ are recommended to maintain your results.